Monday, May 24, 2010

Lost - No More

After many years of the television show "Lost"; it finally came to an end last night in a big season finale.

Not that I would know, because I got home too late, don't know how to program my VCR and don't have a DVR (not that I would know how to work that any better) I have to admit, I was crushed like a child getting her lollipop stolen at not being able to watch it. I have seen every episode and I felt invested in the show. Honestly, I don't know why. It really wasn't that good of a show; more of a lame mind trip with a lot of hype.

I tried to stay off Twitter so that I wouldn't see spoilers.

Who am I kidding...I stalked my friends who were watching it and cringed every time they slipped out a "Noooo..." My mind racing with what the possibilities were.

I steered clear of forums that I knew would be chatting it up live.

You caught me...I peeked a couple of times.

I kept refreshing sites like Hulu.com with the hopes that someone would put it up.

Finally around 1am, I gave up and went to bed.

OK...OK...I did get up a couple of times to see if it was posted yet.

Somewhere around a 4am check-in, I got mad...then I was appalled at myself.

Did I really just place that much importance on a television show? Have I really sat down faithfully every Tuesday night no matter what other things I needed to be doing? When we place that much dedication to something and importance, shouldn't we bring something useful from it? What was I gaining from my viewing loyalty? How was I enriching my life?

Truth...nothing.

Tonight is the season finale of 24. After all my soul searching; do you know what I will be doing while it airs?

Popping some popcorn, my friends.

Sometimes we do something that has no life enriching benefit and no personal growth gain, but it makes us happy....and that is OK.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey I put 6 years into that dayum show and there was nothing that was going to stop me from seeing it yesterday. My phone reminded me 15 minutes before it came on at 7. I even kicked my kids out the living room for the 4 1/2 hours that I was glued to the tv. Was it a waste? Well you will have to watch to find out.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Julia Ladewski said...

i hadn't seen any of the past season, but watched the finale with hubs. it was great!! still lots of questions though!

Ian said...

It was great, let me tell you all about it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails